I’m trying to #humblebrag, but I’m afraid I’m doing it wrong. Here are the things I know:
- Making quilts is challenging, but I love a good challenge.
- I love colors, design, and pattern within quilts.
- I value diversity in quilting. It’s important who makes the quilts and the stories they tell. I think it’s important to appreciate stories of the past and other cultures, but to continue make sure we tell our own story.
- This doesn’t mean I don’t copy the greats. But I try to mostly copy those who encourage copying, or the standards that are so standard they don’t belong to anyone anymore. All quilting is copying, really.
- So far, I’m better at thinking about quilts than actually making them.
That’s it for now!